The Student News Site of Belfast Central School

The Belfast Beacon

Mr. Enlow: New Math Teacher

Samantha Burgio

We all welcome Mr. Chris Enlow to Belfast Central as our new math teacher! Mr. Enlow is from the small town of Panama near Jamestown, NY. In high school, Mr. Enlow worked at a carwash and a racetrack; an interesting variation. He attended Houghton College and graduated in 2015. Over the past two years, he has been a long-term substitute teacher at Westfield Academy, Clymer Central School, and Franklinville Central School, teaching from 7th grade math up to Pre-Calc. During the summer, he has coached at many basketball camps. He has also coached 8th grade girls and boys basketball.

Mr. Enlow loves to travel. He has traveled to several locations in the U.S. as well as in other countries, including Canada, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, American Virgin Islands, and the British Virgin Islands. Along with his frequent travels, he shares a love for debating about current events and watching and talking about sports.

On the subject of math, Mr. Enlow states that he loves how there is always a correct answer. No matter how hard you have to work for it, how long you’ve tried, or however many ways there are to get there, a correct answer is always reachable. Mr. Enlow says that the main idea he will try to bring to the classroom is a fun, relaxed, talkative environment. “I find that some of the best ideas are worked out through discussion when everyone’s opinions are valued,” he says.

Mr. Enlow wants every student to know that his door is always open. He will be willing to talk about a variety of topics and will try his best to relate to each and every student. Mr. Enlow looks forward to contributing to the Belfast community, and we look forward to meeting him!