Homecoming and Spirit Week

Samantha Burgio

This past week was spirit week and Homecoming. Many students had such a blast taking part in the fun themes that Student Council picked for this year.

Monday was American Day, in which the school was filled with red, white, and blue. This was a classic theme and easy to customize.

Tuesday’s theme was Holiday, which was interesting considering the variety of choices.

Wednesday was Disney Character Day. This, in my opinion, was the best because everyone could be so different and have the opportunity to represent their favorite childhood characters.

Thursday was Beach/Hawaiian Day, which was a well-liked theme. Students wore a variety of items, and it was so stylish!

Friday was, of course, Red and White day. The most important day deserves the appreciation it got, and it’s always a fun day.

The pep rally on Friday was a blast. The games that the high school played were unique and lots of fun.  Mr.  Hazelton had abs of steel playing the balloon pop hugs with the middle school, beating out high school girls and boys as they attempted to pop balloons with Mr. Sullivan and Mrs. Ross. The scooter races between the juniors and seniors and middle schoolers were also fun.  Congratulations to the homecoming king, Isaah Leisure, and the queen, Morgan Hamer!

On Friday, the girl’s soccer game was at 5 and the boys game at 7. Friday night was also Senior Night for the girls, where all were congratulated for the amazing efforts given to the team. The Homecoming Dance was Saturday night at 9 to 11 pm and tickets were $3.00. We hope all who went had a great time!