The Student News Site of Belfast Central School

The Belfast Beacon

The Belfast Beacon

The Belfast Beacon

Alumni Spotlight: Danny Bush

A 2009 Belfast Central School graduate, Danny Bush has won awards for his work in multimedia journalism and content creation, including the Tim Russert Medal of Merit Award from the Buffalo Broadcasters Association in 2013. Danny was recently recognized with a Silver Award from the Buffalo Ad Club for his “branded content and entertainment for online film, video and sound” based on work he did for Frank Lloyd Wright’s Martin House/ Inspiring Young Visitors campaign. He creates television commercials and photograph and video brand stories for companies such as BBC Radio, Cutco, and Olean General Hospital.

Danny works at St. Bonaventure University as a Senior Multimedia Producer and Professional in Residence at the Jandoli School of Communication and earned his BA (2013) in Journalism Mass Communication and MS (2015) in Integrated Marketing Communication from St. Bonaventure. In addition, Danny is the Owner/Operator of Danny Bush Visuals.  

Memories from his time at BCS include chatting about life with music teacher Mr. Briggs and history teacher Mr. Heaney and performing in musicals and plays. He has this advice for students: “No matter how hard life can feel right now, find something you love to do or want to learn and push ahead. Find support systems, ask for help and demand more of yourself.” 

Ms. Preston remembers Danny’s time at BCS fondly: “Danny was a great presence on the stage, including as Nick Bottom in A Midsummer Night’s Dream and George Gibbs in Our Town. Directing him was fun. He always had a wonderful sense of humor and was a great student and person!  A few years ago, Danny kindly facilitated an opportunity for one of our students, Stephen Struckmann, to shadow him as he interviewed ESPN sports columnist Adrian Wojnarowski.”

Danny will be speaking at BCS for Career Day in November. 

1
View Comments (1)