The Student News Site of Belfast Central School

The Belfast Beacon

Athletes Awarded

Gage Lincoln

Click here for the sports banquet video presentation by MacKenzie Hamer   (Or here)

On the night of June 7th,  BCS student-athletes, parents, and coaches assembled in the auditorium to receive recognition for their work on the sports team this year.  Along with noticing the outstanding run by the boys’ teams this year in claiming all three seasons an “Allegany County Division II Champs” rights, and the girls basketball team claimed that title as well.  

Coach Sullivan opened the night by playing a film that Mackenzie Hamer created that recapped the sports season this year.  Coach Sullivan, who received soccer coach of the year for Section 5, D2,  presented Mackenzie Cox an MIP for the outstanding improvement in his contribution to the team. Adam Enders took home an MVP in soccer, basketball, and baseball as well.  

Coach Ron Enders, also the basketball coach of the year for D2, awarded Gage Lincoln an MIP in Boys’ Basketball.  Coach Kenyon awarded Austin Gustason Baseball MIP.  When it came to girls soccer, Coach Morton awarded Eryn Broshar MIP, and Morgan Hamer MVP.

For volleyball, Coach Ross granted Sarah Marsh the MIP, and Kristen Sortore of Friendship the MVP.  Coach Bliven awarded Kayleigh Blocho the MIP rights for basketball, and Eryn Broshar the MVP.  

Lastly, Coach Stenzel for cheerleading gave MacKenzie Hurd an MIP and Tyler West the MVP.  Once every coach presented, Coach Sullivan awarded Sarah Marsh and Gage Lincoln the John F. Kennedy sportsmanship award.  The last award given out was the Paul Vienna Memorial scholarship winner, who was Matthew Borden, and Alternate was MacKenzie Hamer.  The night was a pleasure to watch and good way to send the senior athletes off.  Good luck in your future endeavors, ladies and gentlemen!  Thanks to Mary Enders for the photos, see slideshow below.